Whether you enjoy an invigorating walk, a soothing swim, or a gentle stroll on a pristine, white sand beach, Pinellas County, Florida has it all. Finding great condo rentals in Florida can take you to just the right comfortable and well-appointed home base that you need while exploring one of the best places to live in Florida.
Pinellas County forms a peninsula bounded by the beautiful blue waters of the Gulf of Mexico and Tampa Bay. The county’s many parks and preserves surround visitors and locals alike with lush, natural beauty. Find convenient, well-maintained rentals for your Pinellas County home, and you’re all set to enjoy the boundless beauty of this area during your leisure time.
Pinellas County’s Beaches Can’t Be Beat
Taking advantage of great condo rentals in Florida will give you easy access to the more than 35 miles of beaches and dunes that make up Pinellas County’s barrier islands. Here are just five of the many gorgeous Pinellas County beaches well worth visiting:
- Clearwater Beach – Famous for its beautiful white sand Clearwater Beach is amongst the top hot spots in all of Florida. Stretching 2.5 miles along the Gulf of Mexico, Clearwater Beach sits on one of the county’s barrier islands and is packed with entertainment and recreation activities. Adjacent to the beach you’ll find plenty of shops and restaurants; Clearwater Beach is also a great spot for those who like to fish! Couldn’t get any better? Just up the road is the Clearwater Marine Aquarium where you can meet Winter the dolphin!
- Honeymoon Island – Oftentimes, winning the title of World’s Best Beach by Mr. Beach, Honeymoon Island is an excellent place for the ultimate recreation lover. With plenty of opportunity to fish, embark on a bird watching adventures, or even get some rest and relaxation under the sun, this beach is perfect for everyone. Ideal picnicking spots and nature trails are just a few of the exciting features this beach has to offer.
- Fort De Soto Park - This is one of Florida’s largest county parks, with over seven miles of gorgeous shoreline. Bring the binocs! This area is also home to almost 300 species of birds and has been called a “portrait of tranquility”. It has been named America’s Top Beach by Trip Advisor five years in a row. The popular travel network has featured the park’s North Beach at the top of its best-of list.
- Sand Key Park – Located in central Pinellas County, Sand Key Park has almost a half mile of beachfront. This beautiful setting combines the best of both beach and park areas, where grills, picnic tables, and other amenities are conveniently provided. A salt marsh with viewing benches enhances your visit. Just some of this park’s wildlife worth spotting includes: herons, roseate spoonbills, anhinga and great horned owls.
- Howard Park – Fred Howard Park is a gem located on the Gulf of Mexico in the northern part of Pinellas County in Tarpon Springs. Howard Park’s location provides access to the Gulf of Mexico, and its white sandy beach is great for swimming and well-known for truly spectacular sunsets. Nesting ospreys and eagles can be seen fishing for food in the surrounding waters—not to mention dolphins and even some manatees. Keep your eyes peeled.
Florida’s Famous Botanical Gardens Enhance Pinellas County
Or is it the other way around?
There’s a reason why the Sunshine State’s lush 30-acre botanical garden is in Pinellas County. It’s the perfect place!
The Florida Botanical Gardens showcase an amazing array of flora and fauna, featuring everything from pawpaws and palms, to eagles and egrets. There’s something to admire at every turn, whether you’re an avid gardener or just love to learn about nature. Don’t miss the spectacular Butterfly Garden.
The Florida Botanical Gardens in Pinellas County are open every day of the year from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m., with free admission. Come and see what’s in bloom!
Discover the Wonders of Pinellas County, Florida
With such an abundance of natural attractions, you’ll never want to live anywhere but Pinellas County, Florida. A hassle-free way to live there is to select terrific accommodation from some of the best condo rentals in Florida, and appreciate what Pinellas County has to offer, naturally. Or consider purchasing your own handy haven with the help of an experienced local realtor. With so much to see and do in Pinellas County, whether you live there permanently yourself, or rent your home to other nature-loving sun seekers, you can’t go wrong investing in the best area of Florida.
Jennifer Fehr is the co-owner of Suncoast4Rent with her husband Tom Fehr. Jennifer is a Florida State Real Estate Sales person and works through Stonebridge Real Estate Co Inc in Clearwater, Fl (Pinellas County) to bring the personal touch to all your Real Estate needs, be it professional residential property management, consultation or sales.
Creative Commons Attribution: Permission is granted to repost this article in its entirety with credit to Suncoast4rent and a clickable link back to this page.